Re: Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

I am not exactly happy with leaving skype, since skype has been something I have had to use on and off, however while there was a potential time that I may have had to use skype, fact is there for business it never happened that way.

Hangouts needs chrome, I would really like a stand alone client if I could have that.

I have not decided but I may try to learn the new skype, however a lot of family use whats app on a newer mobile device and there is also skype and others and who knows.

I like my pc though.

On 7/17/2018 9:25 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
This is a serious question from someone who is aware of Skype, and dabbled with it, but never adopted it for regular use:   Why is this such an issue?

It doesn't just seem to me, but it's been confirmed here, that there are many alternatives to Skype many of which are accessible.  It will also be interesting to see what UI interface changes occur, particularly with regard to accessibility, with Skype 8.0.
--

Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

           ~ Richard Dehmel