Re: Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

Eleni Vamvakari

The article in question provided many details. Windows 10 was not
mentioned exclusively either. They are no longer supporting Skype 7,
what they call Classic Skype and will be forcing people to upgrade to
the modern version. Whether there is a way to avoid the updates and
whether Classic will still work I don't know. S Portable may be an
option, but even then, I usually have to tell it not to update.

On 16/07/2018, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi, can someone validate this statement are true for the sake of the
welfare of others. For I know it's been almost years been using Skype
for call and video conferencing to my folks. And how this will be going
to be severely impacted some of us using of the Skype. The reason of
this is because here in my area some of the folks and businesses uses
Skype for their jobs, and useful to consider as well. Better to provide
link that could shed details for this matter.Is this concern for the
Windows 10 only or to other platform?

Robert Mendoza

On 7/17/2018 5:56 AM, Eleni Vamvakari wrote:
I'm on a family plan with TMobile. It's unlimited, with no overage
charges. But iy ou use a certain amount of data in one month, they
throttle the connection, making it much slower. I only use it during
the day when in the backyard or when on trips. Otherwise, I use our
home wifi, so it's not an issue. I would never use a pay as you go
plan, because I use the Internet for many hours per day, and my Skype
conversations are a minimum of three hours each.

I don't pay for the home wifi, and other things, which are not mine,
are connected to it. Plus, my parents know very little about
computers, so I'm not going to play with their modem.

On 16/07/2018, Steve Nutt <steve@comproom.co.uk> wrote:
Hi Sean,

I like Chrome, so therefore, I like hangouts. I'd rather have Chrome
than
Edge any day.

All the best

Steve