Re: New Member (5)

Gene

You can use it for longer recordings but only if you make a sound file using another program and record using that file.  You would then save the file with a new name so you don't overwrite the original and can use it again as a template when recording something else.  I'm not sure what the size limit is of the file you can use in this way but there is one.  I did a presentation for Accessible World years ago that covers the old Sound recorder because it has one feature I haven't found elsewhere that is very good when speaking as a podcast.  You can move through and erase something and replace it as you would working with a tape recorder.  You don't have to edit by recording new material and inserting it or by deleting old material from the end and then recording new material.  You can review and erase material until you get it right as with tape recording.  The program has annoying quirks when you move around and you may not want to use it but I'm letting you know that the program probably will work in Windows 10 and that the podcast is available from me if it is no longer available from
Accessible World.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] New Member (5)

I am not sure if this will work, but before it died along with some
soundfonts and stuff I ripped this from my grandpa's old xp machine it
may complain a little and it can only do wav but its good for the short
note.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oqodz6nmmf2hx2/soundrecorder.7z?dl=0
That file unless I really run out of space will be up here all day long.

On 23/05/2016 12:02 p.m., Pranav Lal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The sound recorder in Windows 10 is called voice recorder. Search for it by using the search feature which you can access by pressing ctrl+escape. It is accessible.
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jolene Cardenas
> Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 12:42 PM
> To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
> Subject: Re: [nvda] New Member (5)
>
> Hello once more,
>
> Thank you for your responses, for I enjoyed reading them a lot!
>
> Further specs: My Web browser is the latest version of Firefox (even though a sighted friend told me that Google Chrome was better), my default media player is Windows Media Player 12 (not The Groove Music from Windows 10), and Gmail is the only e-mail source I use.  Since Windows 10 doesn't come with the Sound Recorder program like how previous versions of Windows does, I'm missing it a lot because I use it for Podcasting and other projects.  Can any Windows 10 user recommend any sound-recording program that would work well with it + NVDA?  I'd appreciate your feedback so much.
>
> Just FYI: I have no usable vision in both eyes to read large print so I'm totally dependent on NVDA to do all my reading out loud for me.
>
> Take care, and have a good day.
>
> sincerely,
>
> Jolene.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> .
>

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.