Re: New Member (5)

Gene

You can use it for longer recordings but only if you make a sound file using another program and record using that file.  You would then save the file with a new name so you don't overwrite the original and can use it again as a template when recording something else.  I'm not sure what the size limit is of the file you can use in this way but there is one.  I did a presentation for Accessible World years ago that covers the old Sound recorder because it has one feature I haven't found elsewhere that is very good when speaking as a podcast.  You can move through and erase something and replace it as you would working with a tape recorder.  You don't have to edit by recording new material and inserting it or by deleting old material from the end and then recording new material.  You can review and erase material until you get it right as with tape recording.  The program has annoying quirks when you move around and you may not want to use it but I'm letting you know that the program probably will work in Windows 10 and that the podcast is available from me if it is no longer available from
Accessible World.

Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 8:45 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] New Member (5)

I am not sure if this will work, but before it died along with some
soundfonts and stuff I ripped this from my grandpa's old xp machine it
may complain a little and it can only do wav but its good for the short
note.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5oqodz6nmmf2hx2/soundrecorder.7z?dl=0
That file unless I really run out of space will be up here all day long.