Re: Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

Sharni-Lee Ward

Okay, the simple answer, for me, is that no mattter how many accessible options there are, my friends are all either on Skype or Discord, and the latter is still inaccessible last I heard. I can't expect my sighted friends to go to TeamTalk or any other thing, and from the sounds of things it wouldn't be worth it the few times I call anyone.

I mainly use Skype's text chat feature. In current Skype, it is easier to flip between conversations and read the chat history. In Skype 8, which I tried last year, I could not work out how to do either.

On 17/07/2018 7:25 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
This is a serious question from someone who is aware of Skype, and dabbled with it, but never adopted it for regular use:   Why is this such an issue?

It doesn't just seem to me, but it's been confirmed here, that there are many alternatives to Skype many of which are accessible.  It will also be interesting to see what UI interface changes occur, particularly with regard to accessibility, with Skype 8.0.

           ~ Richard Dehmel