Re: Microsoft is Killing Skype Classic on September 1 -

Sharni-Lee Ward

Okay, so I updated to the latest Skype because I didn't want to lose
settings and whatnot.

It's ... not as bad as I feared. The latest version is 8.25 and the
interface is more understandable than I thought it was last year. Alt
doesn't do anything, which sucks, but the buttons and the dialogues that
open when you press them make more sense the more I delve into it. The
one issue I thought I'd have is being able to read my chat history, but
there's an option to export that as an HTML file and Google Chrome
doesn't flip a lid if the document is too big like Firefox sometimes
can. And my entire chat history for the last year and a half (since I
moved to this computer in other words) has been exported in that file. I
assume I can just keep doing that whenever I've had a super long
conversation.

Hi

Do not forget the web version of skype 2 i here also use both skype desk
top at present and the app version.

There is a tutorial for desk top and app but not web yet it is written
and a audio one just not corrected yet.

Gene nz

On 7/17/2018 4:56 PM, Eleni Vamvakari wrote:
I just want to find something with a simple, accessible interface that
I can use for sending messages and making voice calls.

Odd, yeah I can get around it very very quickly. It pretty much is like
skype 8 on the mac, very easy to flip between stuff.

On Jul 16, 2018, at 1:52 PM, John Isige <gwynn@tds.net> wrote:

Pretty sure Skype for Win. 10 doesn't have menus. I'm not talking about
Skype 8, but Skype for Win. 10. It mostly works, though it's kind of slow,
but I haven't gotten sending files to work from it yet, though I did
receive one the other day. If classic's going away, that's what I'll be
using and I think that's the one feature I haven't gotten working yet.

On 7/16/2018 15:48, Ervin, Glenn wrote:
I have done it through the menus, I haven't tried a hotkey for it.
Glenn