Re: Suggestions for sound recording programs: was, New Member (5)

Bhavya shah

Hi,
I wish there was more readily available documentation for using such
sound recorders and audio editors with NVDA, not those which only
record, but those which allow their modification and improvement.
I have given up on Goldwave for the time being, and am working on
trying to figure out Audacity with a Skype friend.
Thanks.

On 5/23/16, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I would like to recommend a great sound recorder called virtual recorder. It
is very easy to download and install, and very accessible. When you launch
it, you can record your voice with a built in mike, record sounds straight
from the sound card, or both. So, it does very well with recording pod
casts, because it records your voice great, and it records a screen reader
directly from the sound card at the same time, so your voice and screen
reader come through loud and clear. There is a record button, stop, pause,
and you can record in many formats like MP3, for example. The problem with
Voice recorder in win10, is that you only have the choice of recording in a
M4A format that is unique to win10. Very few players can play the files that
you record with that program. Virtual recorder saves your recordings in a
folder that you choose as soon as you stop the recording. The recordings are
so clear I have done with it, and it does not take up much room on your
computer. There is even a portable version that can run from a USB flash
drive. Just type in Virtual Recorder in your search like Google, and you
will get a site to download it. You may be able to download it from:
www.ninite.com
If not, just do a search for it. I absolutely love it. Take care.