Re: 2018 NvDA Add-ons Festival: turning the reins to other community members due to personal, academics and health reasons

Mário Navarro

Joseph, dear friend.
take your time to what are your priorities.
I admire you for what you are, and for what you do for all of us.
I wish you good studies, happiness, and all what you need...

Thanks for everything dear friend.
long life to Joseph Lee.
cheers.

Às 06:30 de 18/07/2018, Joseph Lee escreveu:

Hi all,

A few days ago I announced that I was planning 2018 NVDA Add-ons Festival. However, because of upcoming academic schedule, personal reasons, and due to possible toll on my health, I’d like to pass on the organization of this event to other members of the NVDA community.

As much as I’d like to take on organizing this event to the end, I do know that this may have consequences for my health and academics. As I’m taking more advanced courses at college and start looking for graduate school and other endeavors, coupled with upcoming competitive speech and debate season, I do know that organizing an event that is scheduled for beginning of the school year is very risky for me in terms of early grades and other activities. Also, as I’ll be traveling to different schools for debates and other forensics activities, I know that keeping up with Add-ons Festival and other events may become a distraction to my ultimate duty as a college student.

Also, I’m desperately looking for a time where I can just relax and think about my future role in NVDA community and the project as a whole. The last few weeks have been some of the busiest weeks I’ve seen as a member of this community since June 2012, including helping out with NVDACon International 2018, chairing NVDACon Korea 2018 (hosting the main meeting at night my time), making sure those who’ll meet Windows 10 Redstone 5 have amazing experiences with NVDA, putting finishing touches to Project Heliopolis (wxPython 4 migration) and what not (more on Heliopolis in a second).

Thus, I believe I’m not in the best condition to organize 2018 NVDA Add-ons Festival at this time, thus I’d like to request that the community take this on. I’d be happy to join this event as a speaker (I have a topic in mind which I’d like to present in a keynote-style presentation).

Thank you for understanding.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sem vírus. www.avast.com