Re: possible eloquence solution

Tyler Wood

I despise modern voices for doing anything but light reading. Espeak is decent, but in my view the best two synths for fast reading remain Eloquence and doubletalk. If I want to get correct spellings I'll use a more modern voice. ...but then you get random pauses for no reason, mis pronouncing random words like bourbon and expanding acronyms that I don't want.

I can't win.

On 18-Jul-2018 1:52 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes I'm sure you know that several attempts were made by nv access to have a licence system that was not too onerous, but no. I do think myself, that its rubbish but acknowledge a lot find it good. it obviously is a personal thing.
I to do  agree that modern voices are unintelligible at fast, even moderate speeds.

I as you know made the variant Quincy for UK English espeak and am happy with it in the main if they would stop mucking about with words that sounded right before. However I do also feel that the speech player in Espeak project was very good and I'd like to see somebody take this up again to make it better for the US market. One has to realise at the moment though that the biggest growth area for nvda is the Indian Subcontinent, and maybe other languages than English.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@comproom.co.uk>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:31 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] possible eloquence solution

Why should they do this?  You’re effectively stopping Code Factory from making money.  Just buy Eloquence and be done with it. Besides, Microsoft wouldn’t maintain it.

All the best

Steve

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Josh Kennedy
Sent: 17 July 2018 13:11
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: [nvda] possible eloquence solution

It seems like unless this problem is solved it will keep coming up. So I just went into feedback hub and I recommend all of you do the same. I wrote the following feedback to Microsoft.

Please purchase all rites to CodeFactory Nuance Eloquence TTS. Offer it as a free downloadable sapi5 and OneCore voice addons under ease of access in windows10. And on the Microsoft website as sapi5 for windows7 users. Also please maintain the android version so it keeps working and perhaps lower the price to $2 or $3. Nuance CodeFactory licenses are too restrictive. Adding Eloquence to microsoft’s voice portfolio would benefit those with hearing impairments. So if Microsoft owned it, whenever you buy a copy of windows or a new pc, you also pay for the rite to use eloquence on any pc you buy.and if you don’t want it, you just do not go into ease of access and download it. Nuance copyright is stuck back in the 80s and early 90s and has to change. If not, this issue will probably keep cropping up.

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986>  for Windows 10

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.