Re: Skype 8 for desktop answering incoming call?

Cristóbal

As I mentioned, I am using Skype for desktop.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 11:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Skype 8 for desktop answering incoming call?

Hi

Which version are you using?

My computer which is running windows 10 has the windows 10 app on it also the latest skype 8 desk top app which i am writing a tutorial for. In the desk top version skype 8 it has the options there to accept them automatically under calling they just have to be checked.

Just to confuse you as well there is a web version which is very much like skype 8

Gene nz

On 7/18/2018 12:34 PM, Cristóbal wrote:

I guess that’s a solution, but that’s not exactly encouraging. You figure for such an essential command, there would be a hotkey for it that would work outside of the program itself. I mean it already existed in older versions (alt plus pg-up).

I’m going to have to try tomorrow with it on my laptop. I haven’t updated my main desktop where I do nearly all of my calls so we’ll see.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2018 4:45 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Skype 8 for desktop answering incoming call?

Hi If i remember right when the call comes in it lands on i think it is the accept button then press the enter key and start talking.

I am not sure if it was read out by nvda though.

I would have to get some one to give me a call to confirm again as i use voip alot now.

Gene nz

On 7/18/2018 11:08 AM, Cristóbal wrote:

Hello list,

So, I upgraded Skype for desktop on a laptop to try to get used to it before MS kills Skype classic in September. I came across some short cut keys from: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12025/what-are-hotkeys-and-how-do-i-use-them-in-skype

What I’m not finding is the hotkey to answer an incoming call. I can’t believe that there isn’t one for such a  basic function, but it’s not listed in the table. Start a call, hang up, mute, that’s all fine, but nothing for answering a call. Am I missing something or is this really not included as a shortcut key?

Thanks,

Cristobal

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.