From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of mikolaj holysz
Sent: July 18, 2018 12:21 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] VFO not complimentary about NVDA

Same thing happens over here, in POland. Altix, the local distributor of JAWS, has recently released a series of articles about Jamie leaving NV Access for Mozilla even though he did this a long time ago and about all the features NVDA doesn't have and JAWS does. I've even heart accounts of people who were told by altix representatives that NVDA is dangerous to their computers and that it might fry their motherboards, though I don't know if those who retold the story were speaking the truth or merely exaggerating.

This seems like pressure from Freedom Scientific to promote JAWS.

W dniu 2018-07-18 o 17:33, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io pisze:
I have just listened to the latest issue of Techtalk from the RNIB in
the uk on Audioboom, and there is an interview with the software man
at VFO about what they sell and future plans, and the guy asked him
about NVDA Though not actually trashing it, he used that old ploy
that one of the programmers has now left to go to Mozilla and nobody
will install NVDA in a business system because its open source etc.
anyway, go and have a listen and see what you think. I guess his job
is to big up his own company, but I noticed, dear old Dolphin never even got mentioned!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-