Re: VFO not complimentary about NVDA

Sarah k Alawami

I brought that up  at the jobs I work for and they just say either use jaws or don’t work for us. It’s not fair really. And the blindness organizations don’t really care anyway. They are just there for the money, or lck thereof.

On Jul 18, 2018, at 9:40 AM, Sky Mundell <skyt@...> wrote:

Yes there are deliberate lies going on with those blind organisations about alternative products. What they fail to take into account is that there are cutbacks going on in education, employment, and funding can only go so far. Not only that, but when the cutbacks begin to bite, these organisations will be forced to seek out cheaper things such as NVDA. At that point, they may go with NVDA. What also surprises me is that VFO hasn't even put up their prices yet!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io[mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of mikolaj holysz
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 9:21 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] VFO not complimentary about NVDA

Same thing happens over here, in POland. Altix, the local distributor of
JAWS, has recently released a series of articles about Jamie leaving NV
Access for Mozilla even though he did this a long time ago and about all
the features NVDA doesn't have and JAWS does. I've even heart accounts
of people who were told by altix representatives that NVDA is dangerous
to their computers and that it might fry their motherboards, though I
don't know if those who retold the story were speaking the truth or
merely exaggerating.

This seems like pressure from Freedom Scientific to promote JAWS.

W dniu 2018-07-18 o 17:33, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io pisze:
I have just listened to the latest issue of Techtalk from the RNIB in
the uk on Audioboom, and there is an interview with the software man at
VFO about what they sell and future plans, and the guy asked him about
NVDA Though not actually  trashing it, he used that old ploy that one of
the programmers has now left to go to Mozilla and nobody will install
NVDA in a business system because its open source etc. anyway, go and
have a listen and see what you think. I guess his job is to big up his
own company, but I noticed, dear old Dolphin never even got mentioned!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-