Re: possible eloquence solution

Richard Wells

The other major issue for me with using Authorized Eloquence is accessing NVDA Portable. If Eloquence is the default synthesizer in the portable NVDA, it won't speak on an unlicensed machine. This also goes for Nuance high-quality voices.

On 7/18/2018 3:23 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
My issue and my only issue with product activation licences in general is the fact that depending how they are constructed ie eloquence, that you have to deactivate it on each major update, thats fine in reality however because there is a 6 month basically new os update it gets a bit well annoying there should be a way to assign a licence to your machine or in the case of win10 an account or something.

And it doesn't have to be like that.

For example windows manages to stay activated on each system update.

Mostly.

Then again maybe its not happened to me.

I have had on my cloud system I admin to reactivate the icloud and some other accounts whenever I update my bios for example but still everything stays up.

I also have issues where machines and licences have a 3 unit limit, in a bit of software I use for dvd extraction, you assign your machine to an id from an account online, if that changes you have to reassign that machine to the single id but at least you can do it yourself as many times as you need.

On 7/18/2018 6:52 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes I'm sure you know that several attempts were made by nv access to have a licence system that was not too onerous, but no. I do think myself, that its rubbish but acknowledge a lot find it good. it obviously is a personal thing.
I to do  agree that modern voices are unintelligible at fast, even moderate speeds.

I as you know made the variant Quincy for UK English espeak and am happy with it in the main if they would stop mucking about with words that sounded right before. However I do also feel that the speech player in Espeak project was very good and I'd like to see somebody take this up again to make it better for the US market. One has to realise at the moment though that the biggest growth area for nvda is the Indian Subcontinent, and maybe other languages than English.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-