Re: VFO not complimentary about NVDA

Sky Mundell

Hi Eric.  So how many years would the guy have? The guy has been there since 1993. I agree with you 100 percent.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of erik burggraaf
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:02 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] VFO not complimentary about NVDA

I listened to the interview.  I don't think the comments were too bad.  I don't agree with him at all.  There's no comparison between voiceover and narrator for example.  It seems extreme to say that apple is merely "checking a box".  I also don't agree with his assessment of apple updates vs jaws updates.  Some things get fixed quickly.  Others do not.  That's development.  Jaws is the same way.  I don't agree that most people who have NVDA also have jaws.  That may be all well and good for gene, but most recognize that a one screen reader approach, while not covering absolutely every eventuality known to man, provides huge benefits in learning curve, performance, and in the case of NVDA, cost.  Even if some nvda users do also have a jaws on their machine, it is most likely a demonstration version.

Anyhow, he's wrong, but we all know it, and he's entitled to his opinion and we all know that too.  Eventually all the exclusivity agreements in the world won't save VFO no matter how many companies they gobble up.  Let him do his thing.  He's only got a few more years left tops.

Best,

Erik

On July 18, 2018 1:21:36 PM "Chris Chaffin" <chaffin102468@...> wrote:

Joseph,

You can find the podcast episode on this page:

Hope this helps,

Chris

On Jul 18, 2018, at 12:52 PM, Joseph Lee <joseph.lee22590@...> wrote:

Hi all,

To Brian: we need the link to that podcast please to we can verify assertions made here.

Cheers,

Joseph