Re: Lost the pound sign

Gene

It may be a change in Word, it may not.  It may be a change in the keyboard language input in Windows.  Whatever the case, the change almost certainly resulted in accidentally pressing a short cut command and the question is, what shortcut command changes the language language in Windows and what command changes the language Word is using.

It can be easily determined if the change is in the keyboard input for Windows setting or the Word language.  Open Notepad.  Press shift 3.  What do you hear?  If you hear what you expect to hear, the change is in Word.  If you still hear the wrong thing, the change is in Windows.

Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 10:45 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Lost the pound sign

I'd not know how this could be changed accidentally. Would she be likely to
have system restore on and be able to go back to a couple of days ago, or is
it off in 10 by default. Even then, I'm not sure it has any effect on the
installed keyboard language. i have had issues in the past with word
deciding to use American english templates for documents for no good reason
which really fouls up the spell checker big time!

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-