From: "Joe Hunter" <joehunter@blueyonder.co.uk>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 shortcuts to items

On 22/05/2016 10:10, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
I'm looking to make simpler some things in 10. I find having to search for stuff long winded and also access via a huge tree of interconnected dialogues is also a bit slow.
For example, how can one get to just a list of drives on the computer, how can one get to the main screen of windows defender to do manual scans.
These are just two of the things I can do in windows 7, very easily, but seem to be very irritatingly awkward on 10.
I have found the sound level of running programs dialogue and put a shortcut to it, and this works, but in many cases in 10, despite classic shell, and being an admin, I get blocked by you are not allowed to do this or that, but when it is accessed via loads of menues links and whatever, it goes there quite happily.
I seldom myself use start menu, preferring to get things either ron the desktop or to put a folder of the shortcuts on the desktop. This saves a lot of messing about in searches and scrolling up and down start menus to find its been listed under some daft letter rather than the logical one.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

listing your drives. press enter on this computer. and you will find a list of drives at the bottom. Joe