From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2016 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Windows 10 shortcuts to items

You've answered your own question, largely, in your thread title. One can set up desktop shortcuts quite easily to virtually any app or application (settings are a different matter). If you prefer the old Control Panel for most settings it's available and you can put a shortcut to it on your desktop.

I am annoyed that the "Send to -> Desktop (Create Shortcut)" method is no longer supported from the search results, but the extra step of "Open file location" (which opens the folder containing the program/app, with said program/app already selected) then doing the "send to -> desktop (create shortcut)" works just fine.

The "This PC" file explorer window (for lack of a better way of putting it - it's largely the same as the old "My Computer" window) shows your drives and you can do layout tweaking there.

~ Henry Rosovsky