Re: VFO not complimentary about NVDA

Well it could be security, support is one thing but security, opensource can be a touchy subject especially round secured things.

The other thing, industry standards, jaws has been a standard accessibility thing for ages its probably why its continuing at all, people trust it, if its accessible with jaws then its accessible with everything.

Sadly though, jaws, and maybe the other comercial readers are an old generation, all of their stuff was needed when things were not so easy.

Now nvda, is built mostly using what is there and there is a entire lot of that.

A lot of the older things relied on their own resources because windows until recently didn't previde all that much, and now it does.

But all the resources and stuff, well once you are built up to rebuild takes more effort than to continue as you are.

On 7/19/2018 8:16 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
You say you talk to employers who "don't like open source".

What is their reasoning behind this?

Do they think they get no support, do they believe the software is inferior,
or what?

I'm interested to know what they think they know about "open source" which
makes them say they don't like it.

Antony.

On Wednesday 18 July 2018 at 18:03:23, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Oh come on. I’ve not ben using freedom rash tiva's products now for 8
years and I’m quite happy with it. I do talk to employers though and they
say I either use jaws or nothing at all, they don’t want to install nvda
on their systems. I explain what it is, and even my services here don’t
want to deal with nvda even though i’ve brought it up. They don’t like
open source. I wish that people would quit using freedom trash tiva’s
stuff and switch to nvda, it is over all the best experience and getting
better on a daily basis.