Re: VFO not complimentary about NVDA

Antony Stone

It could be security, agreed, but I'm interested in what companies say in
actual conversation, more than in speculation about what we think they might
say.

Antony.

On Wednesday 18 July 2018 at 22:26:57, Shaun Everiss wrote:

Well it could be security, support is one thing but security, opensource
can be a touchy subject especially round secured things.

The other thing, industry standards, jaws has been a standard
accessibility thing for ages its probably why its continuing at all,
people trust it, if its accessible with jaws then its accessible with
everything.

Sadly though, jaws, and maybe the other comercial readers are an old
generation, all of their stuff was needed when things were not so easy.

Now nvda, is built mostly using what is there and there is a entire lot
of that.

A lot of the older things relied on their own resources because windows
until recently didn't previde all that much, and now it does.

But all the resources and stuff, well once you are built up to rebuild
takes more effort than to continue as you are.

On 7/19/2018 8:16 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
You say you talk to employers who "don't like open source".

What is their reasoning behind this?

Do they think they get no support, do they believe the software is
inferior, or what?

I'm interested to know what they think they know about "open source"
which makes them say they don't like it.

Antony.

On Wednesday 18 July 2018 at 18:03:23, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
Oh come on. I’ve not ben using freedom rash tiva's products now for 8
years and I’m quite happy with it. I do talk to employers though and
they say I either use jaws or nothing at all, they don’t want to
install nvda on their systems. I explain what it is, and even my
services here don’t want to deal with nvda even though i’ve brought it
up. They don’t like open source. I wish that people would quit using
freedom trash tiva’s stuff and switch to nvda, it is over all the best
experience and getting better on a daily basis.
--
You can spend the whole of your life trying to be popular,
but at the end of the day the size of the crowd at your funeral

- Frank Skinner

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.