Before it got popular in new zealand I was talking with my friend well a friend that worked as the dolphin distributor that is blind he doesn't now.

Even while some of these companies may not acknowledge something like nvda externally they do internally recognise the competition.

My friend said this himself that while publically dolphin were doing what they needed to do and were the best at the time they did acknowledge the competition so, my point the public face is not all of it.

On 7/19/2018 8:20 AM, JM Casey wrote:
It's usually security concerns, I think. "open source" means the developers don't protect their code and thus it can be easily hacked.

And yes, I am well aware of the obvious counter-argument to this. But unless you're already working for the company in a capacity that would cause them to listen to your advice, that's not going to make a lick of difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Antony Stone
Sent: July 18, 2018 4:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] VFO not complimentary about NVDA

You say you talk to employers who "don't like open source".

What is their reasoning behind this?

Do they think they get no support, do they believe the software is inferior, or what?

I'm interested to know what they think they know about "open source" which makes them say they don't like it.

Antony.

On Wednesday 18 July 2018 at 18:03:23, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Oh come on. I’ve not ben using freedom rash tiva's products now for 8
years and I’m quite happy with it. I do talk to employers though and they
say I either use jaws or nothing at all, they don’t want to install nvda
on their systems. I explain what it is, and even my services here don’t
want to deal with nvda even though i’ve brought it up. They don’t like
open source. I wish that people would quit using freedom trash tiva’s
stuff and switch to nvda, it is over all the best experience and getting
better on a daily basis.