Re: VFO not complimentary about NVDA

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi brian

Can you send the link to us so we can have a listen.

any how if not for the work area it is perfectly alright for other
places like libraries information centres etc etc.

it makes me laugh though as when you watch surveys to do with screen
readers take the last aim one  if you look at jaws then nvda jaws users
are going down and nvda users are going up very quickly.

people are ststarting to prefer what comes as part of the package like
on mobile phones or say on a apple computer and if they know about nvda
they would rather use that than narrator.

Gene nz

Even on the list i am on now the jaws users  have been jumping across to nvd

. it is not to say the hard core jaws users will but i guess if the
goverment stops paying for the screen reader for work or as a home user
in some countries the numbers would drop even more.

You have to remember also they charge quite a bit for the product and
the upgrades of which i have noticed if correct are coming down but not
much.

Gene nz

On 7/19/2018 3:33 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I have just listened to the latest issue of Techtalk from the RNIB in
the uk on Audioboom, and there is an interview with the software man
at VFO about what they sell and future plans, and the guy asked him
about NVDA Though not actually  trashing it, he used that old ploy
that one of the programmers has now left to go to Mozilla and nobody
will install NVDA in a business system because its open source etc.
anyway, go and have a listen and see what you think. I guess his job
is to big up his own company, but I noticed, dear old Dolphin never
even got mentioned!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.