Re: File not found. when saving text file

Quentin Christensen

It sounds much more like a problem with notepad and / or locating that testing.txt file in your documents rather than anything NVDA is doing.  Since you mentioned it happened with a portable copy of NVDA, if you run a temporary copy of NVDA 2018.2.1 (from the installer, select "Continue running"), does the problem come back?  (that way you can test it before upgrading back to 2018.2.1).

If it does, could you please send me a copy of your log (ideally at debug level - press NVDA+q, then down arrow to "restart with debug logging" and enter).  Email to info@....

Since the error mentions this testing.txt file, have you ever opened or saved a file by that name?

Regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 9:52 AM, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Hi, Brian

What I did for to check this is removed the installed NVDA to my machine and deleted all files thoroughly. Then, run with portable but no luck.

It is kinda strange because if I am going to use an older version like 2018.1 as example I could save them with no problem. By the way, I am using Windows 10 to my other unit of laptop.Generally, not sure what the real cause of misbehaving to function.
Robert Mendoza

On 7/18/2018 10:01 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Does this only happen in notepad and noting else?

I have noticed a delay that sometimes occurs on the save dialogue actually operating, but not anything as you describe.
Seems illogical as you say as you are not actually loading anything unless something's is running that you do not know about. If you now run the later version as a portable does the effect return?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Mendoza" <lowvisiontek@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 11:53 AM
Subject: [nvda] File not found. when saving text file

Hi,

I recently noticed strange behavior to my other machine after I got updated to stable version of NVDA 2018.2.1, when I am about to save particular file in notepad as regular text file format.it keeps me prompting me with an error
C:\Users\rbmendoza\Documents\testing.txt
File not found.

Though fact, I am just wanting to save a regular text file so, as alternative I done some troubleshooting to ensure the behavior I removed it thoroughly the 2018.2.1, reboot after then tried to installed older version of NVDA which is 2018.1 then the saving process works fine. Not sure what seems the problem for this . Hope could someone could help me for this matter. Thanks.

Robert Mendoza

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Official NVDA Training modules and expert certification now available: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.