From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Wells
Sent: 18 July 2018 18:08
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] possible eloquence solution

The other major issue for me with using Authorized Eloquence is accessing NVDA Portable. If Eloquence is the default synthesizer in the portable NVDA, it won't speak on an unlicensed machine. This also goes for Nuance high-quality voices.

On 7/18/2018 3:23 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
My issue and my only issue with product activation licences in general
is the fact that depending how they are constructed ie eloquence, that
you have to deactivate it on each major update, thats fine in reality
however because there is a 6 month basically new os update it gets a
bit well annoying there should be a way to assign a licence to your
machine or in the case of win10 an account or something.

And it doesn't have to be like that.

For example windows manages to stay activated on each system update.

Mostly.

Then again maybe its not happened to me.

I have had on my cloud system I admin to reactivate the icloud and
some other accounts whenever I update my bios for example but still
everything stays up.

I also have issues where machines and licences have a 3 unit limit, in
a bit of software I use for dvd extraction, you assign your machine to
an id from an account online, if that changes you have to reassign
that machine to the single id but at least you can do it yourself as
many times as you need.

On 7/18/2018 6:52 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes I'm sure you know that several attempts were made by nv access to
have a licence system that was not too onerous, but no. I do think
myself, that its rubbish but acknowledge a lot find it good. it
obviously is a personal thing.
I to do agree that modern voices are unintelligible at fast, even
moderate speeds.

I as you know made the variant Quincy for UK English espeak and am
happy with it in the main if they would stop mucking about with words
that sounded right before. However I do also feel that the speech
player in Espeak project was very good and I'd like to see somebody
take this up again to make it better for the US market. One has to
realise at the moment though that the biggest growth area for nvda is
the Indian Subcontinent, and maybe other languages than English.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-