Drag and Drop with NVDA

Hello All,

           This post has some broad elements asking about drag and drop operations in NVDA plus a couple of specifics to the situation.  I am just not sure where to look in available documentation.

            Someone on the Blindtech group asked this morning about reordering the columns in the inbox (or other folder) display on Thunderbird.  The only way that I can find to do this in their own documentation and through my own experimentation/exploration is via drag and drop.

            In NVDA, if I am not using mouse tracking I have yet to find a way to get focus thrown to any of the inbox column headings and I have to believe there is a way to do this.  If someone could let me know what that is I'd appreciate it.

            Once I have focus on a given column heading the way to move it via mouse is drag and drop, so I'd imagine I initiate a drag and drop via Left Mouse Button Lock, INS+NumPad Divide for desktop or CAPS Lock+CTRL+Left Square Bracket for laptop.  What I don't know is, once one has the column ready to drag, how does one move the actual mouse pointer to drag it.  My gut tells me it's whichever one prefers:  the hard arrow keys or the Num Pad arrow keys.  I have not, however, found this documented.

             I also have to believe that the drop action is either done with a Left Mouse Button Click sequence or else a repetition of the Left Mouse Button Lock if it is a toggle that releases when done again.

             Any and all assistance is appreciated.  The instances where drag and drop appears to be the only option are quite rare, but I'd like to know how it is done for those rare occasions where it's needed.

   ~ Henry Rosovsky