Re: taking screen shots using nvda?

Quentin Christensen

It depends on your keyboard.  On a regular desktop keyboard, if you head to the right of F12, and above the INSERT / DELETE group you get to Print screen, Scroll Lock and Pause / Break.  Three keys that don't get a lot of love nowadays, which also means if you are using a laptop.... They could be anywhere.... NVDA's Input Help (NVDA+1) will identify them if you press them, though on a laptop you may need to press Fn+ another key.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 12:17 PM, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:

where is the print key found at?

Press the PRINTSCREEN key to take a screenshot of the whole screen.

ALT+PRINTSCREEN takes a shot of only the active Window (so not the task bar or anything else)

The image itself is copied to the clipboard and you can paste it in an email (depending on your email client it may paste it in the body, or as an attachment.

If you press WINDOWS+PRINTSCREEN it will automatically save the image to your "Pictures" library in the "Screenshots" folder, called screenshot.png for the first one, then screenshot(2).png for the second and so on.

Regards

Quentin.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 11:26 AM, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:
hello

how do I take a screen shot using nvda?  I am trying to trouble shoot a issue with one of my voip adapters and localphone is wanting screen shots

how do I accomplish this with nvda?

I never took a screen shot before and really haven't ran in to a situation where I needed to until now

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

--