Re: VFO not complimentary about NVDA

Sarah k Alawami

It was a nonprophet, so they paid for jaws and would not let me use nvda on their machines. I didn’t watn to fight, and yes I did bring up nvda with my state’s bsb. They brushed me off saying they would never consider open source for work. I know I said that before, and I’m still mad every time I write about that..

On Jul 19, 2018, at 8:15 PM, Kenny Peyattt jr. <p.wildcat1234@gmail.com> wrote:

The thing is if the state is paying for it then you have to use it. That is what messed up.
Kenny Peyatt jr.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Sarah k Alawami
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2018 12:03 PM
To: Nvda List
Subject: Re: [nvda] VFO not complimentary about NVDA

Oh come on. I’ve not ben using freedom rash tiva's products now for 8 years and I’m quite happy with it. I do talk to employers though and they say I either use jaws or nothing at all, they don’t want to install nvda on their systems. I explain what it is, and even my services here don’t want to deal with nvda even though i’ve brought it up. They don’t like open source. I wish that people would quit using freedom trash tiva’s stuff and switch to nvda, it is over all the best experience and getting better on a daily basis.

On Jul 18, 2018, at 8:33 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:

I have just listened to the latest issue of Techtalk from the RNIB in the uk on Audioboom, and there is an interview with the software man at VFO about what they sell and future plans, and the guy asked him about NVDA Though not actually trashing it, he used that old ploy that one of the programmers has now left to go to Mozilla and nobody will install NVDA in a business system because its open source etc. anyway, go and have a listen and see what you think. I guess his job is to big up his own company, but I noticed, dear old Dolphin never even got mentioned!
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-