Re: VFO not complimentary about NVDA

Brian K. Lingard

Dear Brian & List:

I thought VFO Group would do JAWS scripting or put you in contact with a certified Jaws Scripter.

Perhaps not.

I do know that someone wanted a proprietary application for a car rental firm scripted to work with JAWS and was quoted thousands of dollars for the work and advised that every timed the firm rolled out a new version the work would have to be completely redone.

I believe the would- be scripting contractor was the Smith-Kettlewell Foundation of San Francisco.

I can see changes being required for a new version of the App, but a complete rewrite. That seems like someone trying to make a large company pay and pay to support only a few employees.

Brian

It may have been a proprietary telemarketing program. However, I think the employer to be was misquoted for the job.

Brian

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2018 12:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [NVDA] VFO not complimentary about NVDA

On Thu, Jul 19, 2018 at 12:21 PM, Steve Nutt wrote:

Again, if I want a program scripted in NVDA, who does it?

If you contact NV Access, I feel certain they could point you to someone.  Alternatively, even ask here.   Most JAWS scripters are self-taught, or were at one time anyway.  I believe NVDA scripts are done in Python (though I could be wrong) and there are plenty of Python programmers out there.

I had to dig long and hard to find JAWS scriptwriters when they were needed about 2 years ago.  It is a real niche market.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

A little kindness from person to person is better than a vast love for all humankind.

~ Richard Dohme

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.