From: "Gene" <gsasner@ripco.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2018 7:37 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Clipspeak stable released #AddonRelease

The fake clipboard addon doesn’t know if the operation, copy, paste, etc. actually occurred. It just announces something because the command is given. The clipboard speak add on knows when an operation occurs. So if it announces something, that is because it detects the operation. It won’t announce something if nothing occurred.

In the past, clipboard speak would cause problems in one program or another. I don’t remember details but I think it interfeered in some operations in Word. Also, in a Youtube downloading program I use, it caused problems. In these cases, the problems didn’t necessarily have anything to do with what happened when you used commands like copy and paste, but if I removed the add on, the problems stopped. This was in a beta version and these problems may have been solved.

Gene