Re: NVDA and Firefox

E.T.

Jonathan,
While still not good with Safari, I found that Voiceover read the buttons just fine. Having identified the buttons, I went back to Windows and managed to do what needed to be done. I wanted to try Internet Explorer but its broken and I cannot find a way to restore it to version 8.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...
Ancient.Aliens@icloud.com
Science is not only compatible with spirituality;
it is a profound source of spirituality.| --Carl Sagan

On 7/22/2018 6:19 PM, Cohn, Jonathan wrote:
Very interesting. I was just talking about this same issue with my brother earlier today.
There was also a recent discussion on the W3C interest group about why local CSS is a good accessibility tool. Though I believe the author said he had to use Safari in order to have a local style sheet that overrode the ones supplied by the web site.
IN terms of your specific problem, I don't believe that NVDA has a graphics labeling function available either in core or in one of the addons.
´╗┐On 7/22/18, 4:41 PM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of E.T. via Groups.Io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of ancient.aliens=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:
For a long time I have been using a large screen and set up \Windows
7 using the high contrast theme. There are some elements that are
invisible when using Firefox. Most times I can work around this. I am
starting to use NVDA to fill in the gaps.

Still learning though. I ran into an issue on the MedicAlert web
site. There are 3 buttons or elements in its shopping cart that have no
labels and do not speak. I would appreciate some pointers on this so I
can resolve this. Thanks much.

From E.T.'s Keyboard...