Re: Accessible voice and text chat

To be honest skype could have been one of my big ifs in life, a needed tool but its not right now.

When I need it I will use it.

Or rather I will use what it has become but only when necessary.

I will instruct all contacts for my jobs to either call me or I will call them at my expense if I must.

Everything else will be done via email.

Eventually maybe sooner than later my plan will to switch to whats app on a smart device, maybe I run skype again maybe I don't.

The issue some of us have with microsoft as a whole they do something completely marvelous then screw it up so bad that its not worth it at all.

So dos, good, windows 3x ok.

win 95-98-2k-xp good but xpsp1 sucked and win98se driver support was bad.

Vista was crap as was win me.

Windows 7 is good.

win 8x all versions was bad.

win10 is fine could be better but still.

Skype follows much the same.

skype 1x good.

skype 2x good.

3x bad 4x ok 5x ok 6x better

7x up to the latest, while some add boxes and the like fine.

8 preview shockingly crap!!!

8 and uwp, probably good but who's trusting may as well be crap.

The same is with narator.

Even if it was the only screen reader it would still be and always would be completely crap in my eyes so to speak because of the disaster in xp!

Narator is crap and not a real screen reader.

Its crap and always will be crap.

I don't trust everything microsoft do because of experiences I have had before and other users will feel the same.

I know they are changing, but they have done enough bad things that other users including me sometimes feel a little fritened maybe threatened, skype classic was one of the best voip solutions out there for a while, suddenly its being turned up side down.

The logic for it is sound but the rest is well unknown.

On 7/23/2018 9:50 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Its just that many distrust microsoft, and indeed the old Skype team as it has seemed for years now that its one step forward and two back on accessibility with this particular software, and people are losing patience with it I suspect.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-