Re: Accessible voice and text chat

Tyler Wood

I have yet to have many of the problems that plagued me in windows 7 through windows 8.1.

The frustration at having windows not start was beyond infuriating. Windows 10 has fixed that for me, among tons of others.

Skype 8 really isn't as bad as everyone is making it out to be. It's a change that has been sorely needed in 2018 and it's no different than the panic from upgrading from windows xp to 7, and now to 10. 8 and 8.1 were a cobbled together mess that reminds me in great detail of Windows Millennium. People are just afraid of change. Tons of sighted people ran away from skype when it retained its classic look and moved over to discord and the like. Now skype is trying to follow this trend a few years late.

Think skype is bad? Try using facebook, where changes seemingly come daily and absolutely 0 of them for the better of accessibility, especially on Mobile.

Skype, for me, is still the clear winner of cross platform, simple, least internet used voice communication and until other companies step up to the plate for these things I'm sticking with it. And by step up to the plate, I mean mainstream that sighted and blind alike use.

On 23-Jul-2018 2:24 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
For me "trust" does mean "taking someone at their word", and if I feel I can't
take them at their word, then I don't trust them.

I don't really see any other definition of "trust".

Antony.

On Monday 23 July 2018 at 20:40:17, Shaun Everiss wrote:

I havn't lost trust in ms as such, its just I won't take them at their
word anymore.

I expect for example when I start up windows on my systems that windows
may choose to not start because it chooses to mangle my profile or just
not start meaning I will have to reformat to make everything better.

I have come to terms that when I run anything it may or may not work but
usually does.

I have come to terms with changes on the fly which may or may not be
something I like and in that reguard try to bypass them if I can or use
whatever it is if I need.

To say I enjoy some of it is I don't know.

I used to enjoy windows, now its just another program I have to watch to
see if it works, once its working I get on to my tasks then I am done.