Re: Accessible voice and text chat

Lino Morales <linomorales001@...>

Good point Tyler. And this goes back to the VFO brewhaha we had on here last week. I don’t see how Narrator would disrupt open source screen readers like NVDA as his Erickness stated in that podcast. As I always say viva la NVDA!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Tyler Wood <tcwood12@...>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 4:49:46 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible voice and text chat

A few years ago I might have agreed with you on microsoft playing catch up.

These days, as you say, Microsoft is everywhere. Seeing AI is simply a
revolutionary tool on the smartphone and is not made by apple.
Similarly, narrator is quickly becoming a replacement for your every day
screen reader. Keep in mind that the NFB went at apple pretty hard back
in the day, too, so it isn't as though their bringing more accessibility
into the market was voluntary. Microsoft has pretty decent accessibility
on the Xbox, as well, a far cry from Sony who, even though they released
so called accessibility first, are still missing crutial tts in areas
like the system settings 4 years later. Playing catch up, indeed.

I'm curious where you think microsoft is lacking in accessibility these
days? Considering we have quite a few folks with disabilities working
for microsoft as well as apple, I think they're on a pretty level
playing field.