Re: Accessible voice and text chat

Lino Morales

Gene. Sarah is severely horrid in her spelling. I don’t think she did that on purpose.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Gene <gsasner@...>
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 5:01:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible voice and text chat

I assume Mocrosoft is another disparaging name and not a typing error?  Apple was ten or fifteen years behind in doing anything about accessibility.  I haven't used Apple products so I can't compare.  Would you object if someone used disparaging names for Apple or its products such as, I ust made one up, the oi phone instead of the IPhone, or perhaps, Cr, etc. for Apple?  I don't know if anyone would be offended if I wrote the whole name out.  In my opinion, this is juvinile and accomplishes nothing except perhaps offend people who may like this or that company or product.  Would you like it if someone made up some sort of disparaging name for NVDA?

What goes around comes around.

Gene
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2018 3:42 PM

Although they are getting better, they still have a long way to go Apple are much much better at accessibility especially with their own softwares then mocrosoft, at least for now. Mocrosoft have a lot of catching up, and they know it.

I still say to the original poster, use skype, it is getting better, and it has a long way to go, but get used to it, or switch to zoom, which I would not use just for chatting purposes. It’s way too over powered for that.

On 23 Jul 2018, at 13:29, Gene wrote:

I'm saying this not as a moderator, but as a list member.  I really object to you giving companies disparaging nicknames and I especially object to it when the company has a much better record on accessibility than many other companies.