Re: Windows Mail

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Glenn

Try the following

Press the windows key + letter R this will bring up the run dialogue then type in the following

shell:appsfolder

then press the enter key.

A list of programs will come up jump down to the letter M programs by pressing the letter M  You might have to arrow right to get to the mail one if not in the list. You can use the arrow keys to do this it might be below or to the right.

After you have located the mail one use the applications key  then arrow down to create a shortcut then press the enter key.

It will say not here do you want it on the desk top just say yes to it and it will be there.

Gene nz

On 7/24/2018 11:04 AM, Ervin, Glenn wrote:

Hi,

I’m working on a friend’s computer with Windows 10.

The Office 2000 mail won’t work, and it won’t allow windows live mail to be installed.

I set up Microsoft’s Mail app that came with windows 10, and it looks like it will work well for him, but he is accustomed to finding his mail program on the desktop, but I can’t find a way to make a shortcut on the desktop.

If I knew for sure where the mail program resides, I can go there and make a shortcut, and copy it to the desktop, but when I find it in the task bar, there is no context menu option for send to, or copy, or create shortcut.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Glenn

Glenn Ervin  Orientation Counselor II