Re: My thoughts on offensive company names and so on.

Tyler Wood

Hi,

I actually did the exact same thing regarding mac.

Interacting with things is far from intuitive in my mind and sometimes especially in windows 10, object navigation is a little frustrating because I feel like I'm doing the exact same thing when screen review should get me the exact same information even quicker. - for instance, where windows 7 used to allow it certain areas, 10 has very few places that it comes in handy recently at least for me. This is the fault of noone, it is simply the times we live in. There isn't a magic program that is going to come and fix everyone's problems and gripes. Leaving feedback, because microsoft really does listen, is the best course of action. I applaud this company for everything they've done recently.

But, I certainly think basic accessibility and most notably choice has come leaps and bounds even from a few years ago. We have quite a few different web browsers that get the job done on windows now - from edge to internet explorer, firefox and chrome. I don't like firefox these days either though some sites do work better with it, so I keep it around.

Getting into the bios would be an absolutely wonderful thing. I wonder if microsoft will ever incorporate talking bios into their surface line of computers?

On 24-Jul-2018 4:03 AM, Eleni Vamvakari wrote:
From a grammatical perspective, I agree with you, John. I'm not one
to create silly names and such. I just explain my problems or ask my
questions in a clear manner, as I am not usually one for sarcasm or
satire. But I do think that, in general, people become offended far
too easily today.

I agree that certain universal keystrokes make sense. This is why I
like the standard menu interface in Windows, and why Firefox and Skype
annoyed me with their menu, tab, and list category combinations. It
didn't seem like a traditional menu structure to me, if that makes
sense.

Even though I have been using NVDA for many years, I never really
understood object navigation. It is quite different, in my mind at
least, from the cursors in JFW and the various modes in Vocal-Eyes. I
used a Mac in the days of Leopard and Snow Leopard, and the
interacting, along with a few other issues, most noteably the lack of
good support for Greek, are what made me return to Windows. Even now,
espeak is the only synthesizer that I know of which fully supports
polytonic Greek. At any rate, I hated having to interact with things
all of the time.

I have talking system recovery disks, so I doubt I would ever need
safe mode. But I would love to be able to boot into the bios!

On 24/07/2018, David Moore <jesusloves1966@gmail.com> wrote:
Here is my wisdom!
If you have nothing good to say, say nothing, that would be so much better!
If you have a problem with someone, say it to their face, quit being evasive
with members on the list, who can do nothing about your gripe. Talk to MS
yourself!
David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10