rules for Most Lists

Brian K. Lingard

Dear Antony & List:

I have noticed that almost every list I have ever subscribed to has almost the exact rules as every other list I belong to. It is almost like they were from a large rubber stamp or cookie cutter.

The rules are usually:

No flaming

Keep the language civil, like grandma was reading your posts

Please spell check before sending

Your subject line should be highly descriptive of your message body

Ask the author of a message from another source if you may post it here

In addition, Often, the rules are listed in exactly the same order on many different lists.

I expect the rules for this list are similar to other lists, even ones on different platforms, such as Mailman, Freelists.org, Yahoo groups, etc.