Re: NVDA and Firefox annoyance

Mallard

Strange thing; I do see a V for Visited and nothing for non-visited links, except on a site where I do my shopping, which sows all links as visited, I never understood why.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 25/07/2018 21:12, Ron Canazzi ha scritto:
Hi Group,

I know this is a controversial topic, but through this whole Quantum Firefox switch, I and many others have not had any issues with Firefox.  There is obviously something wrong because a significant number of people using screen access technology are having issues.  I just wish the screen reader developers could pin this one down. I have been using Firefox for 15 years now and through all of it with JAWS and NVDA on several systems going back to Windows XP, I have no major issues.

In addition, I am having good results with Microsoft Edge.  The only major issue I have there is with NVDA, visited VS unvisited links are not recognized.  If they ever fix this one in NVDA, that one will be near perfect as well.

On 7/25/2018 2:21 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Yes and its about as friendly as  ahead of mad cows.
Also unless they have relented on update it gets put back to on. Grr.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris via Groups.Io" <chrismedley=btinternet.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 5:58 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA and Firefox annoyance

You will have to turn off auto complete in the about:config

In the address bar type

About:config

A warning may appear Then click continue anyway if asked

Then search for

browser.urlbar.autocomplete.enabled

and change it to false by hitting enter

then you are done!

Sent: 25 July 2018 17:36
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA and Firefox annoyance

Hello,
When I use firefox in the address bar, I hear NVDA voicing out the address, or at least trying to fill it in, even though I unchecked autofill. Is there a way to fix this annoyance? Thanks.
Armando

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.