Re: NVDA Goes Silent In Dialogue on Websites

Gene

See if you can switch to forms mode in the dialog, NVDA space bar, then see if you can tab through the fields.  I haven't worked with dialogs much, but my recollection is that I can't read the content except when in forms mode.

If the dialog is inaccessible for some reason even then, my recollection is that pressing escape closes the dialog just as it does dialogs not on web sites.

Sent: Friday, July 27, 2018 10:43 AM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA Goes Silent In Dialogue on Websites

Hello Members,

I believe I am using a 2016 version of NVDA with my windows seven
computer, and will upgrade when purchasing a new computer in 2020.
That being said, can someone explain the reason NVDA goes silent when
I press enter on a given website, and I enter a link called Dialogue.
Arrow keys (up down) or tab keys do not result in any screen info being read.
Just blank blank blank

One such example is the Tax Information link at Amazon, required by
authors to complete when establishing or updating an existing account.

I notice too, some websites are using the word 'button' instead of
'link' to identify key places. What is the difference?

Thank you for your help.

--
David Russell
david.sonofhashem@...