Re: Amazon.com "Cart" page with JAWS & NVDA

Gene

I didn't address search pages, which you mention and which is important in demonstrating my point.

Let's use Google as an examle.

Google has each search result formatted as a heading.  So I can type the letter h and move from result link to result link.  It also has the address to which the link leads under the link so you know whether you are being directed to a legitimate site that corresponds with the text of the link.  it's protection against being taken to a malicious site masquerading as the real site.
I won't go into every item but if you look down further you will get to small excerpts of text on the page the link leads to.  This helps you decide if the information on the page is relevant.  It is much more efficient to type h, then down arrow through whatever you want to see about the result link, then type h again to move to the next result link of you want to skip the rest of the material.  Or you can just down arrow and read everything if you wish.  Then down arrowing once more takes you to the next result link.

It makes no sense to enter the headings list, move to the first result heading, leave the headings list, look at what you want, go back into the headings list and move to the next heading etc.

also, if all you want to do is move by heading, typing h will move you from one result link to the next to the next as efficiently as being in the headings list and moving by heading that way.

And screen-readers these days have commands to move by heading, move by link, and move by list while all the time, staying on the page and not using an artificial structure which removes you from the structure of the page.

And of course, a move by button command.