Re: Suggestions for sound recording programs: was, New Member (5)

Bhavya shah

Hi Gene,
Okay, will experiment more, but am inclined to dismiss the perception
of a potential delay in marker insertion with my existing limited
experience.
That would be great if marker positions can be determined out of the
box from Audacity itself, and I am certainly going to join the
Audacity for Blind Users maling list and hope to learn further from
there too.
Thanks.

On 5/24/16, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
I'm glad you found the presentation useful.

Regarding when to press the brackets, I don't see why this would change. My
machine was responsive and I don’t thing the program should operate
differently now. You can experiment and see.

Also, and I don't know the commands for this, newer versions of Audacity
that came out after I did my tutorial finally implemented commands to hear
where the markers are set. If the commands are implemented well, that would
be very useful in knowing just where the markers are. But I haven't tried
them. I seldom use Audacity these days.

I believe you said you are going to join the Audacity list. You can find
out the commands there. or you may find them with a google search or by
looking at documentation. I haven't tried to find the commands.