From: "Brian Vogel" <britechguy@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2018 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Reading web pages

Mark,

There are ways to make the screen reader (regardless of which one) do this, but I have found that if you're using either Firefox or Chrome the Read Aloud Add-On/Extension does an incredibly good job of this, better than the screen readers in fact. I also like that you can have a distinctive voice for Read Aloud so that you know whether it's the screen reader or Read Aloud that's reading.

The only disadvantage is that you do have to remember to hit ALT+O to shut up Read Aloud before you leave a page that it's reading. If you don't, it's already buffered it and it will keep on reading even after you've left the page.

~ Richard Dehmel