I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of Windows 10 App Essentials 18.08 (aka Windows 10 Birthday Edition). As always, the new version can be downloaded via add-on update feature (part of the add-on).
More info about changes can be found at:
* Added support for IUIAutomation6 interface (works properly with NVDA 2018.3 or later).
* IN Windows 10 Redstone 5, improved NVDA's responsiveness in some situations by using features introduced in IUIAutomation6, particularly when switching apps while a long-running task is running in the background.
* Updated various add-on source code parts to reflect 2018 changes.
* When tracking events, the sender itself (object where the event came from) is also logged.
* When tracking UIA notification events, debug tone will be heard if notifications came from somewhere other than the active app.
* Expanded submenu handling beyond Shell experience Host, as Microsoft Edge's app menu (Alt+X) contains submenus since Redstone 5.
* Custom handler for looping selector items (not the list) found in Alarms and Clock and Settings apps are no longer included due to improved accessibility of this control in recent Windows 10 releases.
* Added support for recent releases of People (modern Outlook/Contacts) app (via a dedicated app module).
* Modern keyboard: When opening clipboard items list in redstone 5, NVDA will no longer announce "Clipboard" (the label for the list itself) when this panel is opened.
* People: In recent app releases, NVDA will once again announce top suggestions when searching for contacts.
For those running development snapshots; July 29th snapshot (regular and pilot) is also going live.