Re: how to set nvda auto read

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I just done a quick tutorial on how to do it, I will tidy it up later on tonight and upload it to the nvda tutorials for windows 10 page for any one else who wants to do it.

Bad draft below.

Customizing your Desktop

If you have been so used to having a my Pc icon, recycle bin, control panel   ectra  some of the shortcuts can be replaced

 Back on the desktop and have noticed it is not there and wanted it back on the desktop, this can easily be done.

Press the Windows key + the letter I. This will bring up the Windows settings section in Windows. You will be given some options. Locate the Personalization icon then press the enter key. Arrow to you hear NVDA say Themes then press the enter key. Next tab until you hear NVDA say Desktop icon settings then press the enter key. You will now be given some options. For example computer, User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, Control Panel. If there are shortcuts you want back on the desktop from this section, press the space bar on the ones you want. This will check the check box, so they can be added. After you have made your selection, tab to the apply button, then press the enter key, tab again until you hear NVDA say ok button, then press the enter key. Now these shortcuts/icons will now be on your desktop.

Gene nz

On 25/05/2016 7:03 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi

I just read the email again, it says about putting a icon on the desk top sorry, the other way was doing it through file explorer after you use the Windows key + the letter E to bring up windows explorer.

I can sus this out any how how to do this.

Gene nz

On 25/05/2016 6:34 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:

Hi

Before I went on holidays I started to put together a page on Windows 10 on the stuff that most people would change etc. This page can be found at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html

Jump down to a section called How to Configure File Explorer (previously known as Windows Explorer) to Open With This PC

I have done this to all of my machines

hope this helps.

Gene nz

On 24/05/2016 11:20 PM, Pascal Lambert wrote:
Greetings,
Please is there a way to set up in Windows 10 the old "computer" icon on the desktop to be able to quickly access all drives?
Very much appreciated
Blessings
Pascal