Re: Introducing Add-on Updater: check, download, apply add-on updates #addonrelease

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Joseph

Just tried the add on and it works well.

I did notice on one of the add ons  7 of them out of 8 had updates and you could see the number going up to the latest add on but noticed one of them went down a number like 5.1 to 5.0 would that just mean stable?

I think it was the focus high lighter one.

It is nice and easy to use.

Gene nz

On 7/30/2018 7:02 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of Add-on Updater that brings one of the frequently requested features to life: ability to check, download, and apply community add-on updates:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/addonUpdater.en.html

To use this add-on, after installing it, go to NVDA menu/Tools/Check for add-on updates. If updates are found, a list of updates will be shown with an option to update add-ons. After installing add-on updates, say “yes” when asked to restart.

The following add-ons are excluded from add-on update check via this add-on because they provide their own add-on update feature: Braille Extender, StationPlaylist Studio, WeatherPlus, Windows 10 App Essentials. Also, add-ons not hosted on community add-ons website (addons.nvda-project.org) are also excluded.

Cheers,

Joseph