From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gerardo Corripio
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2018 3:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Introducing Add-on Updater: check, download, apply add-on updates #AddonRelease

OK and when the automatic check for addons is added into the NVDA core, does one uninstall the AddON, so as not to have duplicate functions?

El 29/07/2018 a las 02:02 p.m., Joseph Lee escribió:

Hi all,

I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of Add-on Updater that brings one of the frequently requested features to life: ability to check, download, and apply community add-on updates:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/addonUpdater.en.html

To use this add-on, after installing it, go to NVDA menu/Tools/Check for add-on updates. If updates are found, a list of updates will be shown with an option to update add-ons. After installing add-on updates, say “yes” when asked to restart.

The following add-ons are excluded from add-on update check via this add-on because they provide their own add-on update feature: Braille Extender, StationPlaylist Studio, WeatherPlus, Windows 10 App Essentials. Also, add-ons not hosted on community add-ons website (addons.nvda-project.org) are also excluded.

Cheers,

Joseph

--
Gera