Re: Introducing Add-on Updater: check, download, apply add-on updates #addonrelease

probably.

However to be honest, I think both nvda and other addon updaters should have some way to have different level of setting like microsoft used to have.

1.  install updates.

2.  download updates and once done ask you to install them and 3, notify you if one exists maybe with an extra tone, you could have an alarm for a critical update, another noise for one that may not be so bad and something else if its just a non required thing whatever.

I am also wandering if nvda could have incromental updates depending on what is being updated for space and the like and speed to though that may not always work.

But in the cases where we had 18.03.1 and .2, and the a b c d e f versions, a patch would have worked in that situation.

On 7/30/2018 10:55 AM, Gerardo Corripio wrote:
OK and when the automatic check for addons is added into the NVDA core, does one uninstall the AddON, so as not to have duplicate functions?

El 29/07/2018 a las 02:02 p.m., Joseph Lee escribió:

Hi all,

I’m delighted to announce the immediate release of Add-on Updater that brings one of the frequently requested features to life: ability to check, download, and apply community add-on updates:

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/addonUpdater.en.html

To use this add-on, after installing it, go to NVDA menu/Tools/Check for add-on updates. If updates are found, a list of updates will be shown with an option to update add-ons. After installing add-on updates, say “yes” when asked to restart.

The following add-ons are excluded from add-on update check via this add-on because they provide their own add-on update feature: Braille Extender, StationPlaylist Studio, WeatherPlus, Windows 10 App Essentials. Also, add-ons not hosted on community add-ons website (addons.nvda-project.org) are also excluded.

Cheers,

Joseph