Re: Saving NVDA Configuration Settings

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Jolene.

I am using windows 10 on all of my machines and donot have this problem when saving a configuration. Out of curosity what synth package are you using? It may be a buggy add on doing it if that is the case you might be able to disable them and see if you can save your configuration after that..Is there a dialogue box still open when you go to save your settings? I am aware there is a buggy synth add on that will do that.

If so does it still do it if you say change to the E speak syth package?

At the worst it may be a good idea to reset nvda back to factory defaults and this will usually fix the problem. Some times if that does not do it then a complete uninstall of nvda plus the section under %appdata% and the nvda folder taken out will usually do the trick, but I don't think you would have to go that far.

Gene nz

On 25/05/2016 7:59 AM, Jolene Cardenas wrote:
Hello everyone,

For those of you who use NVDA with Windows 10, I have a question to ask you:
Why do you think NVDA won't allow me to save my new configuration
settings whenever I change them and then attempt to save them?

I'm asking because I'd get an error message from NVDA that would read,
"Could not save configuration, probably because read-only file
system."

I never had this problem when I was using Windows 7, yet I run in to
it all the time now in Windows 10.

I thank you in advance for your feedback, and have a good day.

sincerely,

Jolene.