Right, I thought everybody was asking about Quantum, but if you're doing
anything older than whenever that started, 58 I think, you want to use
Gene's instructions. Sorry, I should have clarified.

On 7/30/2018 19:40, Gene wrote:
Here is a correction.  I was giving instructions based on the ESR 52.x
version.  I just checked in my 62.x version and the interface has been
very much changed.  My instructions are accurate for older versions,
before quantum, starting at about 60.x.  The message from another
member applies to quantum versions, about 60 and higher.
*From:* John Isige <mailto:gwynn@tds.net>
*Sent:* Monday, July 30, 2018 7:18 PM
*To:* nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject:* Re: [nvda] how do I set a home page in the new fire fox?

1. Tools/options.

2. Shift-tab until you get to the list of categories, you'll probably be
on general.

3. Arrow down to "home".

4. Tab until you reach a combo box that says "homepage and new windows".

5. Pick custom URLs.

6. Tab once and you'll get a combo box that says "paste URL". Type your
URL in there.

I literally typed in bard.loc.gov which is what the original poster
asked about, and when I ran Firefox again, instead of coming up with a
blank page, it came up with the BARD login form asking me for my email
address and password. The one thing I don't know how to do is close
options. Well, ctrl-w closes them, but if I have a homepage it goes to
that, but if I have a blank page, instead of going back to the address
bar so I can enter a URL, it closes Firefox. But other than that, it
works just fine for me. NVDA 2018.2.1, Firefox 61.0.1, 64-bit, Windows
10, whatever the latest one is, 64-bit obviously.

On 7/30/2018 17:57, Gene wrote:
Open tools, alt t, then type o for options.  Wait a moment and tab once.
You are in a list of categories.  General is the first list and you
are already on it.  If you want to work with another list, down arrow
and you will move to all the categories.  If you get stuck and can't
move down further, up arrow and then start down arrowing again.  There
are, I believe, eight categories.  In this case, general is the one
you want.
Tab through the items.  You will see items pertaining to what Firefox
does when it starts.  If you have problems, ask here.