Re: how to set nvda auto read

Quentin Christensen

Having pressed NVDA+down arrow (or laptop: NVDA+a) to read from the current point onwards, you can press control, to stop NVDA from speaking.  You need to press NVDA+down arrow or NVDA+a to restart from the start of the current line / element to keep reading.

If you press shift to pause speech (note that works with some synthesizers, such as eSpeak, but not all synthesizers), you can press shift to restart reading, although if you have used the arrow keys to navigate around the document in the meantime, you will need to press NVDA+down arrow or NVDA+a to restart reading from where you currently are.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Wed, May 25, 2016 at 12:03 PM, aikeo koomanivong <moykoomanivong@...> wrote:
Hi all thanks for great answers
But so I want to talk again about auto read with nvda
Well during it reading all I press shift key it working well but when
press shift key then I press up/down arrow then I need it to be auto
read again how should I do?
So sometime I read the document on the Microsoft word it very tired to
press down-arrow to read row by row how to set auto read
If NVDA didn’t have this function I hope someone could send this idea
to the nvda developer
Thanks again

On 5/25/16, Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...> wrote:
> Hi
>

> I just done a quick tutorial on how to do it, I will tidy it up later on
> tonight and upload it to the nvda tutorials for windows 10 page for any one
> else who wants to do it.
>

> Bad draft below.
>
> Customizing your Desktop
>
> If you have been so used to having a my Pc icon, recycle bin, control panel
>  ectra  some of the shortcuts can be replaced
>  Back on the desktop and have noticed it is not there and wanted it back on
> the desktop, this can easily be done.
> Press the Windows key + the letter I. This will bring up the Windows
> settings section in Windows. You will be given some options. Locate the
> Personalization icon then press the enter key. Arrow to you hear NVDA say
> Themes then press the enter key. Next tab until you hear NVDA say Desktop
> icon settings then press the enter key. You will now be given some options.
> For example computer, User's Files, Network, Recycle Bin, Control Panel. If
> there are shortcuts you want back on the desktop from this section, press
> the space bar on the ones you want. This will check the check box, so they
> can be added. After you have made your selection, tab to the apply button,
> then press the enter key, tab again until you hear NVDA say ok button, then
> press the enter key. Now these shortcuts/icons will now be on your desktop.
>

> Gene nz
>

> On 25/05/2016 7:03 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:
>
> Hi
>

> I just read the email again, it says about putting a icon on the desk top
> sorry, the other way was doing it through file explorer after you use the
> Windows key + the letter E to bring up windows explorer.
>

> I can sus this out any how how to do this.
>

> Gene nz
>

> On 25/05/2016 6:34 AM, Gene New Zealand wrote:
>
> Hi
>

> Before I went on holidays I started to put together a page on Windows 10 on
> the stuff that most people would change etc. This page can be found at
> <http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html>
> <http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html>
> http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda%20tutorials%20for%20windows%2010.html
>
> Jump down to a section called How to Configure File Explorer (previously
> known as Windows Explorer) to Open With This PC
>

> I have done this to all of my machines
>

> hope this helps.
>

> Gene nz
>

> On 24/05/2016 11:20 PM, Pascal Lambert wrote:
>
> Greetings,
> Please is there a way to set up in Windows 10 the old "computer" icon on the
> desktop to be able to quickly access all drives?
> Very much appreciated
> Blessings
> Pascal

vise president
accessible ICT and musical development for the blind

Vocational development for LAO-blind association [VDBA]
Office e-mail: vdba.lao@...
Facebook page:
www.facebook.com/laoblind.org
my personal e-mail: mlp_keo@...