Re: Initial Skype for desktop 8 feedback

John Isige

Weirdly, apparently Skype 8 will run on XP SP3, Microsoft notes"• If
you're using Windows XP SP3, make sure you're using Internet Explorer 8
or higher." But I'm going to guess the day will come when that stops. It
would really surprise me if Microsoft did anything specific to make it
run on XP, I'm guessing it just happens to be the case that nothing
they've done has broken running under XP yet. But sorry, it's going to
die eventually. Less and less newer stuff will run under XP as time goes
on. Maybe ReactOS can get itself together eventually and everybody can
switch to that, LOL! Although I did see lately that they're bringing in
stuff from wine, so maybe that means more stuff will actually work. But
I still see stuff about installs hanging on the ReactOS screen, so
there's that. I might see if I can make a virtual machine of it just to
see if a version of NVDA will actually do anything. Oh wait ... hmmmm. I
wonder if I have an old system around? They've got a live CD and, in
theory, I could boot that and run NVDA off of the HD, there's no way I'm
letting it anywhere near real data.

On 8/1/2018 0:37, zahra wrote:
hi.
since my favorite version of windows is only windows xp, and i cant
use and accept newer versions of windows, what is the alternative and
replacement program for skype without need and forcing update and
support all versions of windows, accessible with nvda for voice call
and sending and recieving text messages?
thanks for any help, God bless you!

what are the other choices, that work.

On 8/1/2018 1:54 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
I boycotted skype since Microsoft took over.  I found the "New Skype"
more of a problem than a joy, so I ditched it.  Anyway, there are a
lot more Messaging apps these days, and Skype can be skipped for other
more usable choices in my opinion.

On 31/7/2018 6:54 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I agree. It seems to take companies twice as long to fix issues of
major impact to the blind compared to the sighted. Also you are
right, and its particualrly true of Skype that every step forward has
screwed up something that used to work. They obviously do not evolve
their software, the recreate it from scratch every time and probably
using a different programmer which means bad documentation of
previous cock ups, since this call answering issue has a long history
in Skype, its a now you have it now you don't feature.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-