Re: Adobe Flash Player with NVDA

Lino Morales

Aloha. What version of Flash are you running? V 21 is the current version. I wonder if they have any embeded objects? If so hit the letter O and hit enter. If you hit tab and non of the controls read it won't work. You'll hear embeded object unavailable. I'll have a look at the sites. You are several hours behind me don't know what time the newscasts start. I'll cheat and use Seri on my iPod.

On 5/24/2016 11:15 PM, Jolene Cardenas wrote:
Hello everyone,

Adobe Flash Player is preventing me from tuning in to the local news
online on such sites as:

KITV:
http://www.kitv.com/category/305776/live-stream

KHON2:
http://khon2.com/live-stream/

I had contacted these TV stations to report the technical
difficulties, and both Webmasters had told me that their live streams
were working properly.

Just a recap: My laptop's operating system is Windows 10, my Web
browser is Firefox, and of course I use NVDA as my screen-reader.

So my questions are these:
1. How user-friendly is Adobe Flash Player with NVDA?
2. What could be causing Adobe Flash Player to play live Webcasts on
some sites but not on others?
3. Is there a way for me to troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player without
uninstalling and reinstalling it?

Thanks so much for your folks' help, and have a good day.

sincerely,

Jolene.